Mini strombolis are perfect for parties, game nights, or simply as a delicious snack. This recipe combines the flavors of grilled peppers, onions, Cajun sausage, and spicy marinara sauce to create an unforgettable taste experience. Follow these steps to create your own scrumptious mini stromboli. Italian
Stromboli with Grilled Peppers, Onions, Cajun Sausage, and Spicy Marinara Sauce
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Introducing Mini Strombolis - the ultimate crowd-pleaser for any occasion! Whether you're hosting a party, settling in for a game night, or simply craving a mouthwatering snack, these delightful bites are sure to satisfy your cravings.
Our recipe takes the classic stromboli to new heights, infusing it with the bold flavors of grilled peppers, caramelized onions, zesty Cajun sausage, and a kick of spicy marinara sauce. The result? An explosion of flavors that will leave your taste buds singing!
So, roll up your sleeves, grab your favorite rolling pin, and get ready to embark on a culinary adventure. Follow our simple steps to create your very own scrumptious mini strombolis, and get ready to impress your guests or simply indulge in a flavorful treat. Let the deliciousness begin!
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1/2 lb Cajun sausage, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup spicy marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. In a bowl, toss the sliced bell pepper and onion with olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the bell pepper and onion slices on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are tender and slightly charred. Grill the Cajun sausage slices for 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through. Remove the vegetables and sausage from the grill and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal parts. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece into a rectangle approximately 8x6 inches.
- Spread 1/4 cup of spicy marinara sauce on each dough rectangle, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges. Evenly distribute the grilled peppers, onions, and sausage slices over the sauce. Sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese on top of each stromboli.
- Fold the long sides of each dough rectangle over the filling and pinch the edges to seal. Fold the short ends under the stromboli to create a neat, sealed package.
- Transfer the strombolis to the prepared baking sheet, seam side down. Brush the tops with beaten egg and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake the strombolis in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
But why stop there? To take your mini strombolis to the next level, we've got a few extra ingredients up our sleeve. How about a sprinkle of fresh basil for a touch of herbal freshness? Or perhaps a handful of gooey mozzarella cheese to add an extra layer of decadence? The possibilities are endless!